Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Marc by Marc Jacobs Doodle Print

When I heard that Marc had produced a Doodle Print Tote for his Marc by Marc Jacobs line, two words immediately popped into my head: Dooney & Bourke. We all remember the Dooney & Bourke Doodle Print Collection, with its bright colors and childish-looking drawings. But when I finally saw the Marc by Marc Jacobs Doodle Print Tote in real life, I wasn’t as shocked as I thought I would be. Yes, the doodles are whimsical and childlike. However, I think what saves this tote from complete fashion disaster is that the doodles were done in simple black and white instead of every color of the rainbow. The little birds, rainbows, and bees are actually pretty cute. And the little worm is adorable! The doodles remind me of my textbooks from when I was in grade school. The teacher would have all the students bring a paper bag from home to make into a book cover. And, of course, mine would always be covered with lots and lots of drawings. I think this tote would be cute as a gym bag or even as a casual shopping tote. It is definitely something that the young and young-at-heart can both enjoy.The Marc by Marc Jacobs Doodle Print Tote is constructed of coated canvas and is available in either Black or White. It retails for $148. Find it at Shopbop.com.The Chat: Jacobs Doodle!

No comments:

Post a Comment